Sunday, July 15, 2007

14th July, 2007


Courtesy of Lonza... ...


So that was the plan for the day... A trip to the New England Aquarium in Boston. Have been to Boston umpteen times but we have not stepped into it before. It is a beautiful day today, really beautiful. Nice weather and that's why all people are out today to enjoy the sun... Crowded everywhere

The Aquarium was filled with ppl too and we took a couple of photos before we went in.




After we exchanged our passes for a chop on our hands, Kelly, AL, SF and I were told to stop for a photo shot. Then we were given a number tag to collect our photo when we leave the Aquarium later... Upon entering the Aquarium, penguins were the first to greet us..





And then I started noticing this penguin above. I would name it - "The Model". It stood the way it was through out the time I was at the penguin station!!! For abt 10 minutes, it didn't move a single bit. For a moment, I thought this was a fake one OR it was posing for visitors to take pictures.AL even said that it could have been immobilized! Wahaha... Couldn't resist, but video it for you guys to see... Wahaha....











After the penguin station, we proceeded to the other displays of different marine creatures..





MUSSELS!!!



Crabs~~~

starfishes & anemones





"sunflower" anemones.. haha



Spot the octopus... ... ?

Beautiful sea-dragon...



There was the 'touch pond' where visitors could hold the marine creatures in their hands and get a feel of them. Among the starfishes n shell-fishes, there was this.... HORSESHOE CRAB..



As we walked to the top level of the aquarium, there was a Q&A session going on, as the aquarium staff was giving an educational talk on this aquarium that was opened in 1969..






Then we came to the special exhibition of ........... JELLYFISH~~~






One survivor & Two beauties...




Colourful ones, big ones, small ones... ... Besides photos, I guessed the best way to display their gracefulness in water is to capture their motions using video...



























Oh, forgot to mention that when we first entered the aquarium, we were each given a "Walk like a penguin" Passport. The current theme for the aquarium is penguins I guessed. Hence, there were multiple stations in the aquarium where we can obtain 'chops' for our passports, and at the same time, to learn more about penguins. But, the few of us just wanna get the 'chops' for the fun of it and didn't really read or learn more about penguins :p Wahaha....







We ended the trip with some penny press, and I made 2 too!





One is for you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home