To summarise, I enjoyed this trip very much as I have always wanted to pay this National Park a visit. But there were some payoffs which I would highlight to you guys as we move along... :p
The first day......
1st September, 2007
Our flight to Jackson Hole, Wyoming was at 630am and hence we checked in at about 430am. It was not a direct flight, and we had to transit at Chicago O'Hare International Airport, before reaching Wyoming at about 1030am (local time), which is 2 hours behind EST.
Just before landing...
Jackson Hole is a relatively small domestic airport, where other private jets land as well.
Located in northwestern Wyoming, Grand Teton National Park preserves a spectacular landscape rich with majestic mountains, pristine lakes and extraordinary wildlife. The abrupt vertical rise of the jagged Teton Range contrasts with the horizontal sage-covered valley and glacial lakes at their base, creating world-renowned scenery that attracts nearly four million visitors per year. We have to drive through this beautiful park in order to get into Yellowstone National Park via the South entrance. Stopped by Jenny Lake for some scenery and water-fun before we proceeded on. And it was HERE, that I have an encounter with a grizzly cub. Oh my god~~~
Was having the above picture taken when the grizzly came running towards my direction. Startled as I was, I ran off after the picture was taken. Phew!!! The first time I was so close with a grizzly bear. Since it was only a cub, people said that the mother grizzly would be nearby as well. *faintzzz*.. Despite the fact, there were still people running after the cub to have its photo taken...
Old Faithful geyser is the only geyser that erupts at predictable interval, once every 90min +/- 10min. After viewing the magnificent blowup, people started to disperse.. leaving behind - a BISON. Wahahaha..........
The air is different here - fresher, cleaner...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home